Small, Middle Nippans and almost Pathos !
I am thoroughly, absolutely, completely pissed (surprisingly,typing that down makes me feel better - try writing the exact same words immediately after you are pissed off with something ,may be it will help).
I am walking to my car after a sumptous lunch at the 'almost shady' Mallu mess near office when a bike cut right across my path and came to a stop. I gave my customary ineffective stare at the bike driver and was walking on when I noticed the people scrambling off the bike. A 40 something goon , his 30 something understudy and a 5-6 year old boy with long hair got off the bike in that order and walked towards the Nippan (translation from Malayalam : stand and deliver) liquor bar/store that was right opposite to my 'almost shady' lunch house.By now I had really slowed down my walk and the sight of the kid walking into the bar made me stop completely. The 'almost goon' exchanged a few words with the bar tender and the bar tender disappeared behind a pillar out of my sight. He returned in a minute and three glasses with brownish liquids were presented on the table. I am praying the brown liquid in the middle glass on the table almost the height of the kid is Coke/Cola and not what is usually served on middle glasses in such shady tables in such shady enterprises.Without much delay the liquid/s are quickly gulped down by the occupants of the Nippan place (coincidentally , also known as Nippans) with the ease that regulars command and the bar tender disappeared behind the pillar again at a nod from the goon. I walk on pissed and hoping that the middle glass just disappears or atleast the middle Nippan disappears ..
M
I am walking to my car after a sumptous lunch at the 'almost shady' Mallu mess near office when a bike cut right across my path and came to a stop. I gave my customary ineffective stare at the bike driver and was walking on when I noticed the people scrambling off the bike. A 40 something goon , his 30 something understudy and a 5-6 year old boy with long hair got off the bike in that order and walked towards the Nippan (translation from Malayalam : stand and deliver) liquor bar/store that was right opposite to my 'almost shady' lunch house.By now I had really slowed down my walk and the sight of the kid walking into the bar made me stop completely. The 'almost goon' exchanged a few words with the bar tender and the bar tender disappeared behind a pillar out of my sight. He returned in a minute and three glasses with brownish liquids were presented on the table. I am praying the brown liquid in the middle glass on the table almost the height of the kid is Coke/Cola and not what is usually served on middle glasses in such shady tables in such shady enterprises.Without much delay the liquid/s are quickly gulped down by the occupants of the Nippan place (coincidentally , also known as Nippans) with the ease that regulars command and the bar tender disappeared behind the pillar again at a nod from the goon. I walk on pissed and hoping that the middle glass just disappears or atleast the middle Nippan disappears ..
M
Comments
Post a Comment