Soulful ..

Wasn't too sure myself if 'Music is language independent' (as is often quoted), until I listened to the below from the movie Karuthamma. Soulful rendering by Smt. Swarnalatha (won the national award for this song and sadly, passed away last week) goes beyond limitations that language and words pose on music. Results from a few people who I tried this song on (who did not know any Tamil and had not heard this song before) has convinced me that there is at least some Music that is language independent

http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=157251&mode=100&rand=0.3655574460453274
(Courtesy : Raaga.com)

If you don't know any Tamil and have not heard this song before and feel moved by this song,let me know.In the spirit of empirical skepticism let me know if it does not 'move' you as well.


M

Comments

  1. I completely agree, music has no language. One of my fav song is a kannada song which i dont understand but i find it so refreshing to listen too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Head Shakes of a “Hair dresser”

A Southern Music

Associations .. (Aw !!!!)