On walked the lambs ..

Nodding their heads in unison
Bright orange garlands on their neck
Marble green eyes dripping innocence
On walked the lambs as if on a picnic

Walking in rows of two
Tethered to a soft cloth rope
Bright white from a nice fresh bath
On walked the lambs as if on a picnic

Past the lush green fields
Onto the tarred main road by the lake
Accompanied by a loud saffron crowd
On walked the lambs as if on a picnic

The drum beats became louder
So did the chants of the frenzied crowd
The temple was looming around the corner
and on walked the lambs as if on a picnic

Pick them up all and run away
I wish
Atleast mellow the hearts of stone
I wish I could
Slowing down,they entered the place of worship !!
Celebrate, dance and sing,
Eat,drink and make merry - for the gods are being sacrificed by mere humans !!

© 2010 Manoj Chennamangalam

Comments

  1. Amazing post, very beautiful and touching...more poems please :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Head Shakes of a “Hair dresser”

A Southern Music

Associations .. (Aw !!!!)